Sunday, August 30, 2015

This Week's Meal Plan or "I Can't Live Without my Crockpot"

     School is back in session which means I get up and leave for work before the sun is up, and I don't arrive back home until the sun is setting.  This means that at 5:00 pm if given a choice between cooking or starving to death, I would probably choose starving to death.  I am that tired when I get home from work.  

This is a problem people.  

     So, my solution is simple.  I use my Crockpot on a daily basis.  This will be the second week that I have prepared all meals ahead of time so that I can just dump all the contents from a gallon Ziplock bag to my Crockpot in the morning before I leave.  I usually plan about 4 meals because we believe in leftovers in this house.  Food is too expensive to just throw it away at the end of the night.  On to the menu:

     All menu items can be found on my Crockpot Pinterest board here

Mushroom Stroganoff  

Chicken Enchilada Soup

Salsa Verde Chicken

Italian Crockpot Chicken

     I will post pictures later as the week goes by and we actually eat a dinner that doesn't involve processed and powdered cheeses.  Not that there's anything wrong with mac n cheese....  Of the choices on my menu I have to mention that the Mushroom Stroganoff and Salsa Verde Chicken are repeats.  They are that good.  I'm already craving them and I just had them a few days ago. The Salsa Verde Chicken tastes just like a creamy chicken Marie Calendar's frozen dinner I bought all the time when I was pregnant with Josh.  It was my crack.  And then they stopped making it, or selling it in very many places at least.  Now I have found it again, and no one can take it away this time!  (Insert evil laugh). 

       Oh, and to avoid confusion-these recipes are not my own invention.  When you find them on my Pinterest board you'll be taken to the creators of these amazing concoctions.  Okay well that's all for now, not really a new idea, but I want to reiterate that without our Crockpot we would all starve to death in this house.  So therefore, it truly is a lifesaver.  




Image result for crockpotImage result for equal signImage result for lifesavers


     What are some of your go-to Crockpot recipes?  Share in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment