Sunday, September 13, 2015

Stitch Fix #3! Better Late than Never!

It was that time again folks, about 2 weeks ago that is.  I have had a crazy month going back to school and my poor Stitch Fix review was put on the back burner.  Many times.  Oh well, at least it's here now!  I absolutely LOVED everything in my fix AGAIN.  There were a few issues which I will explain under the item.  If you're not familiar with Stitch Fix, read about it in my first review here, (read my first stitch fix review) and if you're new to signing up I would really, really appreciate you using my referral code: https://www.stitchfix.com/referral/5470373   This gets you signed up for free and gives me a small credit to go towards my uncurable habit.  Stitch fix is a lot of fun, and a bit like buying a present for yourself while still being surprised.  That's probably my favorite part about this service.  Okay, on to the fun stuff.

I adore how Stitch Fix packages everything.  Tissue paper is so much better than smelly plastic bags.

The style cards are uber helpful too, since sometimes Stitch Fix likes to get you out of your comfort zone, leaving you wondering how in the world you're going to wear this item that you've just inexplicably fallen in love with.  

And I always get confirmation that my stylist, Sarah, is amazing and may be the only one besides my mom that actually reads this blog right now.  Hi mom (and Sarah) ;)  






Okay on to the fun stuff.  

1. Zad Denmark Hammered Abstract Shapes Necklace


Sorry about the blurry picture folks.  I am on the hunt in my house for the best place to take pictures and so far not much is cooperating.  Anyway, I love this necklace.  I had put a note in my profile stating that I, um, HATE gold jewelry.  It looks perfectly nice on pretty much everybody but me.  When I wear it I turn 5 different shades of ugly yellow.  Not pretty.  So, it was so nice that this little beauty was in my fix.  I'm pretty sure it goes with everything and adds that wow factor to a basic outfit.  
Status: Kept

2. Brixon Ivy Lawley Cable Knit Open Cardigan in tan

Unfortunately this is the only picture I have of the cardigan because I sent it back for a size exchange.  I love this cardigan, and it makes me think of cozy days cuddled up next to the fire with snow outside and a cup of hot cocoa to warm me up on the inside.  I love it!  Stitch Fix customer service was amazing too and they were able to get this cardigan for me in the next size down.  I feel like I'm swimming in the cardigan in that picture.  
Status: Exchanged for a smaller size

3. Kut from the Kloth Siena Cropped Pant in olive


I love these pants!  Stretch pants that I can wear to work that feel like pajamas they're so soft?  Yes, please!  I'm having fun styling these different ways and I've already worn them twice to work.  A lot of people say that Kut from the Kloth runs big, but that's actually fine with me.  I like pants that run on the looser side as I'm blessed with child-bearing hips.  
Status: Kept


4. Daniel Rainn Kail V Neck Blouse



I loved the pattern and vibrant Fall colors in this blouse, but unfortunately, just like the cardigan, this blouse was too big.  Customer Service couldn't find a smaller size for me, so I ended up selling this blouse on a buy/sell/trade Stitch Fix discussion board on Facebook.  It only took it maybe 10 minutes to sell.  I wouldn't recommend doing this all the time if you're thinking that's what you need to do to get the discount.  Stitch Fix uses an algorithm based on your purchases (I'm pretty sure) so if you keep something, you're saying you love it.  Since I loved it already and the only issue was the fit, I went ahead and sold it so I could get the buy 5 discount.  

Status: Sold, sadly

5. 41 Hawthorn Rocco Faux Wrap Tank Dress in navy

I love how flattering this dress is!  I also love the neutral color that will go with any accessory I want to pair with it.  The statement necklace looks perfect with it as well.  I've already worn this to work with a mustard cardigan I found at ModCloth and it's one of my favorite outfits right now.  The fabric is really high quality so any flaws I don't want to show off go sight unseen.  

Status: Kept

Okay that's it for now.  Which piece was your favorite?  Leave me a comment so I can give you a shout out on my next post as the third person who reads this blog!  Also, feel free to pin any pictures for your own stitch fix inspiration boards! 








4 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say hi, and that I read your blog! Love those cropped pants! I am in the midst of creating a blog site and will be including SF reveals as well. From a fellow teacher, mama, and SF addict... Keep writing and doing what you love!

    T.H. @cardigansandcrunches

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad I have more readers than just mom and stylist! I appreciate your kind words.

      Delete
  2. Love it! You look so pretty! Ive heard more and more about stitchfix. I went to a wedding this weekend and the bride and a matron of honor were both wearing stitchfix dresses at the rehearsal dinner, they were so gorgeous and the dresses sooo flattering. Do you tell them you have an event to dress for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! Yes, you can leave them a note requesting the types of things you want or need, i.e a dress for a wedding. I tell my stylist that I want things for work since that's what I dress most often for.

    ReplyDelete