Wednesday, October 28, 2015

October Stitch Fix #5 -Winter Wonder Land!

My latest Stitch Fix has so many fun items in it!  I'm still on the hunt for a place to take better and more well-lit photos, so bear with me on the poor quality for a bit longer!  I'm thinking I'm going to have to resort to my husband taking pictures of me outside, but then you all would be able to see the gorgeous Wyoming landscape in the background, so it might not be all bad!  If you're unfamiliar with stitch fix then here's how it works:

1.  Sign up for a profile on www.stitchfix.com.  I would be forever grateful if you signed up with my link here.  This would give me a small credit if you decide to have a shipment sent to you.   Within this sign up they ask you basic questions about your size and likes and dislikes.  

2. Schedule a fix.  I highly recommend setting up a Pinterest board dedicated only to stitch fix wants and likes.  Keep this board updated often!  I usually only keep about 50 or so pins on my board that only reflect what I want right now.  If it is out season or I don't want it anymore I delete it or move it.  This helps your stylist create a better picture of what you're looking for. Here is a link to my Pinterest board for reference.  I also add quick notes so that my stylist can see what I like about that item.  

3. Once your fix is scheduled a few things happen.  Your shipment arrives in about 2-3 days after your account on file is charged $20.  This "fee" will go towards any purchase you make from your fix, but is in no way a subscription fee.  One of the things I love about Stitch Fix is the ability to set up a shipment as often or as little as you want.  You don't even need to have an automated fix, you can just schedule one whenever you want, although, the option for an automated fix is available.  

4.  Once your fix has arrived with 5 items in it, you are free to try on the clothing and accessories in the comfort of your own home! This is one of my favorite features of this service because I can see what does look good with the items I've received and I can "play" with the style a bit more than I could in store to make a better and more informed decision.  

5.  Choose which items to keep and which to send back (if any) in the pre-paid shipping bag which is always included in your fix.  You never pay for shipping, which is awesome.  Oh, and if you buy all five items you receive an across the board 25% off discount.

I hope that brief introduction helps!  Now, on to my review:

I asked for skinny jeans and cozy fall/winter items that would keep me stylish and nice 'n' toasty warm during the very cold Wyoming winter.  Sarah, my stylist, must have a direct psychic link to all things that I love, because she really nailed it again!    Here's her sweet and personalized note to me:



I think we can all agree that Sarah is amazing.  

1. Papermoon Marisol Mixed Material 3/4 Sleeve Knit Top $48 w/o discount






When I first peeked and saw this top, I thought it was a bit boring.  Then, I opened up my shipment and saw a few things about this shirt: 1. It has polka dots on the back, which is pretty much my Kryptonite, 2. the material is a really nice quality that has a contrast threading underneath which adds some texture to the front of the shirt, and finally 3. it is a mixed material shirt which is extremely flattering for my hour-glass shape.  I paired the top with a white statement necklace, which helped break up the color a bit.  Now this top is one of my favorites!  

2. Market & Spruce Brookline Mix Material Sweater.  $74 w/o discount. 








I wish I had a better picture of this one, and that there wasn't a toaster in the foreground,  but you can still see the general idea.  On a side note, maybe one day when we grow up we'll have a kitchen with counter space and electrical outlets.  One day.  Anyway, as you can see, this sweater is so much fun!  The zipper fully functions, so you could zip the back all the way down, although I don't know why you would want to.  Having the zipper up to show off the beautiful mixed material in the back does make the sweater a bit more loose in the front, but I actually prefer that.  Although it looks purple in the picture, it's really more of a very dark burgundy, another favorite of mine!  

3. 41 Hawthorn Lizzy Colorblock Striped Sweater.  $68 w/o discount.  



This sweater was on my Pinterest board and I absolutely love it!  I wish there was an interactive feature on my blog that could let you feel how soft this sweater is, it reminds me of cashmere!  Usually I'm wary of stripes as they can tend to be unflattering, but this sweater is anything but that!  I paired it with the same white statement necklace, which made up my mind even more.  I was sold on this one the moment I put it on.  

4. Kut From the Kloth Denna Skinny Jean. $78 w/o discount.  


Unfortunately I don't have a picture of me in these because my normal size was HUGE on me!  As in, they wouldn't even stay up so I could take a selfie.  Stitch Fix was awesome and exchanged for a smaller size, which just shows how superior their customer service is!  

5. Andrew Marc Savana Quilted Coat. $118 w/o discount.  




OMG!  I LOVE this coat!  Normally I have an incredibly difficult time finding coats that fit me properly.  I usually have to buy them way oversized so that they will zip up and fit over my hips.  This coat is my normal size and fits almost perfectly.  I say "almost" because it is a bit tight over my 'blessed' chest and hips, but not enough that I need to size up.  It is perfect for those cold days that I still want to look put together.  It is also a beautiful jade green color, also a favorite of mine.  

Well that's it!  Overall I kept everything, and decreased the amount of times I receive a shipment from every 2-3 weeks to once a month since Sarah is so great at styling me.  I was thinking every 2-3 weeks would be good because I never thought a stylist could nail all five items, but Sarah has done just that!  So, I will receive a fix every month now.  I hope you enjoyed my review!  Please feel free to pin anything for your own board and use my reference link if I convinced you to give Stitch Fix a try for yourself.  





5 comments:

  1. Love it all! But I LOVE that striped sweater!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is one of my favorites! I actually wore it to work with a chambray button up underneath. It looked awesome but I underestimated how HOT it was. For such a lightweight sweater it does a fantastic job of keeping me warm.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  2. The sweater looks great on you! And I love the jacket too! That's cool that the stylist is in touch with you like that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie! It's a nice personalized touch.

      Delete